Sustainability Made Easy: A Beginner's Guide to Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
Perhaps you already have a lot on your plate as an exec or head person, and now, on top of this, you have to worry about doing a lot of "math" to cut down on hazardous emissions from production and your carbon footprint. Well, fortunately, there is no shortage of services available to assist you. Let's take a deeper dive into Salesforce Net Zero with Grinteq.
Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
Since its inception, Salesforce has positioned itself as a somewhat ethical industry leader. In 2019, Net Zero Cloud was launched as a Sustainability Cloud in response to growing demand from companies for a simple and accessible system for monitoring progress toward sustainability targets.
Businesses increasingly need assistance with ESG (environmental, social, and corporate governance) reporting, both for compliance and voluntary purposes. In this light, the ideal solution would have spanned many companies and included data from different sources in order to simplify reporting. And what customer platform has more data than Salesforce?
Salesforce, with all its assets, naturally calculated that it could really be a key part of growing Net Zero Cloud into a comprehensive ESG offering. The solution allows its customers to employ Salesforce tools like MuleSoft and Tableau for data visualization to help businesses see how they're doing in terms of their ESG targets.
In a nutshell, Net Zero Cloud is an all-encompassing sustainability management platform designed to assist organizations in efficiently overseeing their effect on the environment and tracking their progress towards attaining net zero emissions.
The premise of Net Zero Cloud is to offer customers a comprehensive and efficient solution for calculating and managing their carbon footprint. The product is designed to be precise, functional, and ready for auditing out of the box.
Why use Net Zero Cloud
The Net Zero Cloud gives users access to a wide range of tools and information. This lets them track their emissions, energy usage, waste, and pollution and find ways to cut back on them. Customers of Salesforce can take advantage of the platform's wide range of services, which are meant to make it easier to handle business processes that are related to sustainability.
This technology makes it easier for a business to keep track of its carbon footprint along its entire value chain. So, it makes it possible to make decisions based on facts and to start implementing environmental efforts right away.
In addition to this, the service that Net Zero Cloud offers helps businesses figure out their environmental impact and take steps to lessen it. Overall, monitoring and analyzing pollution from scope 1, scope 2, and scope 3 makes it easier to handle sustainability in an easy and engaging way.
Net Zero Cloud features
This Net Zero Cloud helps companies make data-driven decisions and reduce environmental effects. The main Salesforce Net Zero Cloud features are:
1. Monitoring. The service helps enterprises analyze carbon data and monitor greenhouse gas emissions.
2. Data gathering. The platform integrates with an organization's current systems (mostly Salesforce) to leverage data to suit sustainability and regulatory goals.
3. Analytics. The platform gives actionable insights via analytics and data visualization (built-in Tableau).
4. Real-time ESG reporting. The platform lets firms create detailed sustainability reports to gain insights and promote openness in their net-zero goals.
5. Collaborative tools. The Cloud helps sustainability teams, executives, and workers collaborate easily via robust tools.
6. Supply chain tracking. The Supplier Scorecard lets enterprises track supply chain carbon accounting and work with suppliers to meet sustainability objectives.
Salesforce Net Zero Marketplace
The Net Zero Marketplace plays a significant role within Salesforce's Net Zero Cloud. The Marketplace is a platform aiming to ease, enhance, and accelerate the transition to a net-zero economy by connecting buyers and sellers of sustainable products and services.
The Salesforce Net Zero Marketplace is a virtual marketplace (built on Salesforce Commerce Cloud), where so-called ecopreneurs and businesses can sell and purchase carbon credits. It serves as somewhat of a bridge between buyers and ecopreneurs, enabling seamless connections and interactions. The marketplace offers an extensive collection of projects that have been specifically developed to actively encourage and propel climate action.
What is a carbon credit?
Carbon credits refer to a mechanism used for the purpose of quantifying and accounting for the reduction, elimination, or avoidance of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. The purpose of using this mechanism is to counterbalance carbon emissions by providing financial resources to support projects aimed at improving environmental conditions in other locations.
According to Salesforce, companies may mitigate their own emissions by investing in projects aimed at reducing or eliminating greenhouse gases. As such, carbon credits play a crucial role in the implementation of a climate action plan.
How to buy carbon credits from the Net Zero Marketplace
The process for buying carbon credits from the Net Zero Marketplace is rather straightforward and can be completed in a few steps:
- Visit the Net Zero Marketplace website.
- Look through the available projects and choose the one(s) that fit well with your green objectives.
- Pick how many carbon credits you want to invest in the chosen project(s).
- Add the carbon credits to your shopping cart and continue to the payment page.
- Get a confirmation of your purchase when you've paid for it.
The marketplace offers a safe and open environment for companies to obtain carbon credits from environmentally concerned company owners and support climate change adaptation and mitigation efforts.
Getting Started with Net Zero Cloud
How to start your journey with Net Zero Cloud
1. Sign up. To begin using Net Zero Cloud, organizations must complete the registration process on the official Salesforce website.
2. Get informed. For organizations seeking more in-depth knowledge about Net Zero Cloud, it is highly recommended to explore the official website. The portal has an in-depth product overview and a thorough FAQ allowing users to quickly and easily have access to the data they need.
3. Select a pricing plan. Salesforce offers customers the choice between two options: Starter and Growth. The Starter plan, which is available for an annual price of $48,000, includes three CRM licenses that provide comprehensive features and functionalities. In contrast, the Growth plan offers a total of five CRM licenses and is priced at $210,000 per year.
4. Implement. Finally, let's implement Net Zero Cloud to align operations with environmentally friendly, socially responsible practices.
Running Salesforce Net Zero Cloud
1. First off, specify your company's sustainability goals.
2. Configure the sustainability cloud to meet your company's needs. This task may require data tracking systems, emissions source identification and categorization processes, and seamless data source integration.
3. Use Net Zero Cloud (and other Salesforce clouds) to systematically analyze emissions, energy consumption, trash creation, and other environmental indicators using data collection and measurement techniques.
4. Use the cloud's analytics and reporting to assess your company's environmental impact and track sustainability progress.
5. Engage stakeholders: Involve sustainability teams, executives, and workers in Net Zero Cloud collaborative activities.
Consider that the Cloud implementation procedure will vary depending on the organization's size, complexity, and customization demands.
Personalizing the Net Zero Cloud
It's likely that your work won't perfectly fall into the predetermined buckets offered by the Cloud. Yet, Salesforce Net Zero Cloud may be easily customized for an enterprise. The Net Zero Cloud customization options may be:
1. Managing 3rd-party integrations: The Net Zero Cloud solution can be integrated seamlessly with your organization's preferred systems and services. The integration will streamline data transfer and interaction with sustainability systems.
2. Customizing dashboards: The platform can monitor and measure important environmental parameters for the organization. This includes data field modification, emissions source creation, and KPI definition.
3. Customizing reporting and analytics. For sustainability monitoring and evaluation, you may create customized reports and dashboards. This will help you to focus on the measurements and insights that matter most to your operations.
4. Personalizing workflow automation: Organizations may automate procedures and notifications to improve data gathering, reporting, and compliance.
5. Personalizing collaborative tools: Net Zero Cloud helps organization stakeholders collaborate and interact. Data sharing, goal planning, and job assignment may be tailored to meet organizational collaboration needs.
The combination of Net Zero Cloud and the Net Zero Marketplace greatly simplifies environmental footprint monitoring, sustainability progress tracking, and major operational transformation processes for businesses.
Needless to say, it would be a privilege for Grinteq to help you tailor Salesforce Net Zero to your needs and oversee its deployment.