We're looking for a Middle+ / Senior SFCC Front-End Developer to join us on our roadmap to architect, engineer, deploy, scale and maintain a whole new generation of marketplace technologies in addition to supporting our current ecosystem of custom technologies. You'll play a significant role in augmenting our legacy of customer trust and technical pioneering.
- Producing quality, on-budget and on-schedule solutions on projects.
- Creating prototypes and production-ready XHTML / CSS / JS for eCommerce websites.
- Building responsive layouts, reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Focusing on user needs and optimum user experience.
- Working within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations.
- Forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement front-end solutions.
- Contributing to the team's focus to maintain Front-End Quality.
- Staying current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role at a software house and/or an eCommerce company and has the following skills:
- Commercial experience of unit testing / integration / end-to-end testing.
- Experience of using CSS pre-processors, CSS-in-JS (we use SASS and styled components).
- Solid understanding of the Agile methodology i.e. story point estimation, refinement, sprint planning, retrospective, sprint demos.
- Commercial experience of using version control tooling (GIT) in a large development team performing.
- Good understanding / awareness of Accessibility, SEO Principles, Security, Performance best practices.
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code.
- Experience in bringing multiple viewport responsive and adaptive web designs to life.
- The candidate has to have good communication skills and capability to interact directly with the wider team (shows and tells / requirement analysis sessions / retrospectives etc).
If you know any of this even better!
- SFCC Certified Developer or SFCC Certified Architect.
- Software development experience with direct Salesforce Commerce Cloud experience (Commerce Cloud certification preferred) and eCommerce feeds and integrations.
- Additional Commercial ecommerce platform experience – Magento / Hybris / Shopify.
- Knowledge of jQuery. Experience with any popular jQuery plug-in (jQuery UI, jQuery tools, jQuery Mobile, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge of popular CSS grid systems (Bootstrap, 960gs, Skeleton, etc.).